Monday, October 2, 2023

Experimental video



Originally when I thought about a project centered around space and time, I thought the starts and the moon would be a perfect correlation but on the actual night I had time to record the sky was really cloudy. So, I had to come up with another idea and this one is centered around a bouquet of flowers that I got for free when walking home from Starbucks after doing my homework. I had no idea what I was going to do with them originally but as I was walking around campus, I had an idea of almost like a modernized Adam and Eve story. Where the figures are Adam and Eve, and the flowers represent an Eden almost. But instead of the story being centered around Eve eating an apple that the serpent convinced her to eat (we all know what it really was), but instead of that it's a representation of a strong woman standing tall in the midst of Eden and the man next to her falls. It's kind of like a feminist twist on that story in a way. This was inspired by McLuhan's quote " The past went that-a-way when faced with a totally new situation, we tend to attach ourselves to the objects, to the flavor of the most recent past" (74), which makes me wonder how different would the creation story if Eve stood tall in the garden, regardless of any man or serpent you know?




1 comment:

  1. I loved this video and how showed theses objects being meaningful and having a specific meaning to it. I like the light with the roses and the smoke going at it.

    ReplyDelete

Entire class wrap up

"We employ visual and spatial metaphors for a great many day expression. We insist on employing visual metaphors even when we refer pur...