Monday, October 9, 2023

Something is happening

 

    Nevaeh Daniels (@vayfeelsaway22) • Instagram photos and videos 

    " He cannot go along with currents and trends. A strange bond often exists among antisocial types in their power to see environments as they really are" (McLuhan 88). This quote inspired this presentation because I used to be a really social person and extremely outgoing, but somewhere along the line I changed. Now I am extremely introverted I wouldn't say antisocial, but I'm only social when it's necessary. So, for this assignment I used trees as the medium because they represent a connection to nature that isn't really provided through social interactions. There are so many benefits to connecting to trees, but mainly they are a calming force in my life. Sitting with trees and even meditating with them allows me to slow down in such a fast-paced society. The picture featured above is a tree on campus that I sit with often, I gave her the name serenity. In connecting with her so far, I have been able to grow closer to myself, often using introspection to reflect on different things that happen in my life. While also learning about and watching the nature that is around her. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you show many different trees and nature in many different forms of angles. Seeing the pictures I feel like your in tune with the nature.

    ReplyDelete

Entire class wrap up

"We employ visual and spatial metaphors for a great many day expression. We insist on employing visual metaphors even when we refer pur...