Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Everything Is Music Assignment

 Stream Ndaniels492 music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud 

"We hear sounds from everywhere, without ever having to focus. Sounds come from "above", from "below", from in  'front' of us, from "behind" us, from our "right", from our "left" (McLuhan).

Creating this music piece was really fun. I've never made a beat before, but this was a fun first time creating a beat. Originally, I had an idea to put a poetry piece on top of whatever I was making. But once I actually started making the piece in garage band, I wanted to just explore with the different sounds that they had on their apple loops. Then I just started adding different loops to try to make something cool. Which was really fun, it amazed me to see how complicated the process is and it was complicated for me with pre-made sound loops. It made me think about actual producers who create beats from scratch. But all in all making the beat was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entire class wrap up

"We employ visual and spatial metaphors for a great many day expression. We insist on employing visual metaphors even when we refer pur...